Nepal Rheumatology Association (NRA) is a non-profit professional membership organization founded with the vision of promoting the Rheumatology service, education and research. Established in 2015, NRA was the first National organization uniting professionals working for the development in the field of Rheumatology.
NRA encourages involvement of physicians and pediatricians who are keen on treating patients with rheumatic diseases. Rheumatic diseases include problems that mainly involves bones and joints. These diseases also affect different body systems and organs and can be life threatening. Patients with rheumatic disease usually suffer from lifelong disability and functional imbalance.NRA has a vision to contribute to the education, patient care and research in the field of rheumatology.
- To increase the awareness about rheumatic disease among general population by conducting regular health camps and patient awareness programme in different region of the country.
- To increase the number of trained manpower in rheumatology by training doctors, nurses and paramedical staffs in diagnosis and treatment of various rheumatic diseases.
- Helps and promote development of rheumatology clinics all over Nepal by promoting physician and pediatricians and providing them with adequate literature, guidance and technical support through.
- Conducting CME, to provide complete education to improve the knowledge and performance of physician and other health professionals
- Conduction of fellowship programme in and out of the country.
- To conduct systematic research in the field of rheumatology.
- The data on prevalence and status of various rheumatic diseases in Nepal is still uncertain so NRA plans to generate data on epidemiological aspects of various rheumatic conditions in Nepal through coordination with Physician and Pediatrician.
- Helps physician and pediatricians all over Nepal to establish their clinics by providing adequate support, clinical support and education in training.
- Providing information for the management of particular rheumatic disease and condition.
- To enhance practice performance and to improve quality of care who are at the risk.